Starting solid foods for babies can be a nerve racking time for moms, especially first time moms. Before you start them on solids,you will need some weaning accessories for your baby. These items will make weaning simpler for you and your baby . Remember you do not need to buy fancy pots or fancy beakers for weaning. The simpler,the better . Items should be easy to use as well as clean, believe me , there will be a lot of cleaning to do!
Product name:Cosatto Noodle Supa Highchair
Ages: 6 months to 3 years
Maximum weight: 15 Kg
Dimensions: H 112 cm, W 56.5 cm, D 73 cm
Guarantee: 4 years
- This award-winning highchair has 6 height position adjustable seat,3 tray positions to adjust for your baby’s growth
- 2 single hand removable trays with a cup holder
- Adjustable leg rest for extra comfort
- 5 point harness
- Free standing position with handy tray storage
- Free 4 years guarantee(UK & Ireland only)
- Box contains: 1 x highchair, 1 x washable PVC lined seat cushion, 1 x removable washable tray, 1 x 5 point harness,1 x 4 year warranty registration form
- Cosatto has been around since 1980
- Easy to remove, easy to clean trays
- Easy to assemble the highchair
- Padded reclining wipe clean seat gives extra comfort
- Highchair can be folded away easily. It has handy tray storage space too. Therefore, it is a space saver
- Top tray is dishwasher friendly
- Lightweight highchair and can be moved from room to room very easily
- Spare seat cover can be ordered from the Cosatto website for £20.
- Available in 15 colours/designs
- No storage basket
- Requires a lot of strength and patience to remove the straps completely if you want to wash them
- Sometimes the tray doesn’t slide in and out smoothly and is a bit fiddly
Overall, a good quality product
Water Proof Silicone Bib
Product name: Waterproof Silicone Bibs(2 pack
Ages: 6 months
- Bib rolls up easily so you can easily carry it with you when you go in a restaurant or Grandparents home or for picnic with other parents.
- No staining unlike cloth bibs. Prevents staining on clothes as well .
- Silicone bibs last a long time unlike cloth bibs.
- Bibs can be wiped clean or washed. These bibs wash and dry very well. You can also put them in the dishwasher.
- The pouch of the bib stays open when it is being used. So lesser mess for you to clean as a lot of the food gets collected in the pouch .
- Silicone bibs are more secure than cloth bibs(with Velcro fasteners) Baby can pull the cloth bib very easily but will not be able to pull a silicone bib.
- Silicone bibs are hygienic – they don’t smell like waterproof bibs.
- Easy to fasten or take off.
- Available in 4 different colour combinations
- Slightly expensive but will last for a long time
10 Piece Bowl and Spoon set
Product name: Munchkin 10 Piece Bowl and Spoon Set
Ages: 6 months+
- 10 pieces includes 4 bowls with lids and 2 soft spoons. Therefore you can use them at home as well when you are on the go !
- You will need these soft tip weaning spoons. These spoons are perfect for early stage weaning or when you are starting solid foods on babies.
- Great for weaning, toddler feeding and snacking .
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- 100 %BPA free
- Bowls are 100% spill proof, leak proof and break proof
- Capacity of bowl is 9.0 ounces fluid
- Lid is interchangeable and easy to grip sides
- Bowls stack up neatly
- Munchkin is a known brand and has been around for 25 years
Tommee Tippee First Cup
I started with these cups when I started weaning my kids at 6 months of age. From a young age, give your child water with meals. Do not give them juices or other drinks. Let them get used to having water. The Tommee Tippee First cup, I found was easiest to clean and maintain. In fact at the age of 1 year, when I started my kids on cows milk, I used the same cup for milk, first with the lid on and than without the lid. Here are the product details:
Product name: Tommee Tippee First Cup (Purple) (2 pack)
Ages: 6 months+
Colours:Red, Green, Turquoise,Purple
- These cups are free flow cups, so make sure your child is upright before you give them this cup .
- Beaker has got a hard spout
- Spout has two holes
- Beaker can be sterilised
- Beaker has 2 handles which makes it easy to hold for the babies and toddlers
- It can used as a cup without the lid, if your child can sip directly from cups.
- Easy to clean and durable
- Cups are very handy and portable- very easy to carry them when you are on the go
- Make sure to wash the beaker especially the lid straight after it has been used for milk as the spout might get milk deposits.
- When you close the lid after filling milk some milk might get sprayed on you due to the pressure .
If you are looking for a baby food maker, read my review on The Phillips Avent 2- in – 1 Healthy Baby Food maker.
As soon as you start weaning your baby, give them a healthy diet from the very beginning. I do not recommend any bottled or ready-made foods or purees. Only give them water on a daily basis (apart from milk) for drinks. Juices should only be given after they are full settled in their weaning and that too only occasionally. Read my post on How to Get Children to Eat Healthy before you start weaning.
With all the above items, you are ready to wean your baby ! All you need is the food to get started! If you would like any weaning tips, watch my video on weaning tips here.
If you have any experience with any of the products above, please share via comment box below.
Good luck with the weaning!