Product: NutriBullet 600 Review
Price : £59.99 on Amazon.co.uk
Size: 0.68 litres
Warranty: 1 year
My rating: 4.5/5
The Nutribullet 600,Product Overview
The Nutribullet 600 is not a juicer or a blender but a nutrition extractor, Nutribullet claims that a nutrition extractor grinds all the fruits vegetables, seeds in such a way that all the nutrients will not only be retained in the smoothie but also the smoothie’s nutrition will be easily absorbed by the body. Nutribullet 600 is the original Nutribullet blender. It can grind seeds, hard skin and can crush ice too. It is an 8 piece set and includes:
- 1x high-torque power base
- 1x extractor base
- 1x tall cup – 680ml
- 1x short cup of 511 ml
- 1x handled comfort lip ring
- 1x stay fresh lid
- 1x user manual with receipes
- 1x pocket nutritionist
Other Product Features :
- Colour: Graphite
- Cups are made of plastic
Nutribullet 600 is reasonably priced between £46.99 and £79.99. On Amazon the Nutribullet is priced at £59.99, Curry’s £69.99 and £79.99 at John Lewis and £46.99 at Argos(at the time of writing this post) . It is not as cheap as Breville (around £20) . But Nutribullet is the original nutrition extractor with Nutribullet 600 being the first of its kind.
Easy to Clean
Cups and lids are top rack dish washer safe. The motor base and blades don’t go in the dishwasher. But it is easy to rinse with warm water and soap!
You can make smoothies for breakfast for the whole family. You can get your kids to have vegetables including kale and spinach in the smoothie.
5 A day
Easy to get your 5 a day in 1 drink! Parents can make their child have their 5 A day easily with Nutribullet especially if your child is a fussy eater. Keep the fruits or vegetables washed, peeled or chopped at night. In the morning you just have to blend it in the Nutribullet and give it to your family for breakfast.
Make sure to add water
Read the instructions carefully regarding adding water. Especially if you are adding seeds or dates(remove the seeds from the dates) . This reduces the chances of the motor burning out.
You can put frozen fruits and vegetables
You can add frozen strawberries or frozen bananas to your smoothie especially when
the weather is warm.
You can even make baby puree with it but may take a bit of time
If you are a mom, the Nutribullet would be useful to you as well as your baby. It will help the mother get all her nutrition(especially required after child birth and if you are breastfeeding). You can also use it to make baby puree. It will take longer though. You can blend the vegetables first and then heat it on the hob. You can make soups in the same way as well.
Nutribullet tall cup is BPA free
Blades might break if you put ice
If you put ice on it’s own the blades might break. But you can add ice to vegetables or fruits if you have added water as per the instructions manual.
The initial Nutribullet 600 had problems with their blades which lead to leaking. But now the problem has been fixed. If you buy Nutribullet, make sure you have got the new blades.
Some people think it’s a very noisy machine. But since it works very fast you won’t have to endure the noise for long.
Peeling hard skin
You will have to peel hard skin for fruits like avocado or pineapple or oranges(or any citrus fruit).
Only 1 power setting
Nutribullet has only 1 speed setting . You can’t change speeds. It is very powerful anyway so you don’t need multiple speed settings.
Reasons to Buy a Nutribullet
You can buy and use the Nutribullet 600 for:
- Weight loss – make sure you use vegetables and not fruits as fruits have natural sugars in them which will impede your weight loss. Or put a very minimal quantity of fruit(5-10%).
- Getting 5 A day for you and your family- You can easily get your 5 A day by drinking the vegetable and fruit juice.
- You can make ice cream at home – by adding frozen bananas to milk!
- If you are looking to make your child stop drinking ready made juices- you can make juices at home. Ready made juices have lot of sugar and preservatives which is not good for anyone, adults or children. Your child would be satisfied that he/she got his/her juice, and as a parent you would be happy that you have given your child a healthy, sugar free or at least a preservative free juice! Do remember that all fruits have natural sugars .
- Nutribullet is easy to clean, so if you dislike washing up as much as I do, then this is the blender for you!
- Nutribullet 600 has been approved by the prestigious Good Housekeeping Institute.
- Nutribullet retains more nutrients in the juice than a juicer- as claimed by Nutribullet!
Do you have any experiences to share ? Or do you have any receipes of any smoothies to share? Please do get in touch by putting your comment below. I will be happy to hear from you!
In the meantime, juice away!
All the best,