I have been considering buying the Nintendo Switch for my children and therefore I would like to share all my knowledge about the product with other parents in case you have been thinking of buying one as well. So here is the Nintendo Switch game review – with all the features, pros and cons.
Nintendo Switch Game Review
Product name: Nintendo Switch
Where to buy: Amazon.co.uk
Price: £ 317.50
Warranty: Nintendo systems carry 12 months warranty. Games and accessories have 3 months warranty.
My rating: 4/5
- Switch and play with anyone, anytime and anywhere.
- There are 3 modes, television mode, tabletop mode and handheld mode. The tablet for handheld mode has 6.2 inch screen.
- The 2 Joy-Con can be used as a traditional controller by attaching them to the Joy-Con grip. If you do not attach the Joy-Cons to the Joy-grip, you can use each Joy-Controller as an individual controller ! Both Joy-cons can be attached to main console also to play in handheld mode.
- Each Joy-Con has a full set of buttons and can be used as a standalone controller. Each Joy-Con has got an accelerometer and gyroscope motion sensor which makes independent right and left motion control possible.
- The left Joy-Con has got a capture button with which you can take a screenshot of the game and share it on social media. The right Joy-Con has a NFC touch for connecting to amiibo figures. It also has an IR motion sensor camera which can detect from a distance,shape and motion of nearby objects in specially designed games.
- Both Joy-Cons have got advanced HD rumble which provides subtle vibrations which feel very realistic. For example, you can feel the vibration of ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con. This features gives a touch of realism – apart from the sight and sound effect.
- Local and online multiplayer. You can connect up to eight consoles for multiplayer or online play with friends around the world. The online play is chargeable at £17.99. You can subscribe to online play here.
- You can buy Nintendo Switch with pre loaded games like Mario Kart 8 and Zelda: Breath of the Wild as a bundle at an extra £30. If you buy the game separately each games costs around £41.
- You can use the parental control app which provides control over the time your child plays with it, you can suspend the game when time is up with the “suspend software” feature, monitor what games they are playing, set different times for playing on different days of the week. For example, they can play for longer time on weekends and for a lesser time on week days. You can also control if you want your child sharing screenshots of the game on social media or not.
- Overall the product has great quality as it from Nintendo. If you are a Nintendo fan then there is no need to say this!
- Great fun for families. Perfect ‘family gift’. Provides great family bonding time!
- You can play with it on the go too in the handlheld mode. This would be handy if you need to keep kids busy at restaurants, airports etc.
- Nintendo has got the best games like Mario, Zelda ,Mario Kart etc.
- The Joy-Con batteries are very good and last for a long time.
- You can seamlessly move from big screen to small using the handheld console. So if the family feel you are taking over the TV , you can move to the handheld console while the rest of the family watches TV !
- Console is expensive and each game is very expensive.
- There are only 2 controllers so if you are a family of four or five, you will have to buy another console or take turns playing .
- Some children under 8 years of age might struggle to use the controls .
- Children can get hooked to the games in case you are planning to limit or reduce screen time. You can use the parental control app to control the screen time your child gets.
- Nintendo Switch is more known for its offline games and PS4 is known for its online games, in case you are looking to play only offline or only online. You have to pay subscription for online games now unlike before when they were free.
- The main console is just for gaming. You cannot use it like a regular tablet for accessing You tube etc.
Nintendo Switch has got the best games like Mario,Breath of the Wild etc. But Nintendo is more known for its offline games. Both Nintendo Switch and the games are a very expensive buy so only buy if you are not too bothered about the cost. If price is not an issue then it can be great fun for entire family. You can use parental controls to control the time and games your child plays .
Enjoy if you buy! Don’t forget to share your experience or opinion of Nintendo Switch via comment box below.