If you are a new parent or to be parent and are facing a dilemma whether you should be buying a baby carrier or not, then please read my review on Ergobaby 360 Baby Carrier. At the very least you would be able to decide if a baby carrier is for you or not. If you are considering buying a baby carrier, you have a lot of things to consider for example comfort for the baby and you, safety, fastenings etc.
Ergobaby 360 Baby Carrier
Product name: Ergobaby 360 Baby Carrier
Suitability(weight of baby): 5.5 Kg to 20 kg (if the baby’s weight is between 3.2kg to 5.5kg – an insert will have to be purchased separately)
My rating: 4.5/5
- This baby carrier can be worn in 4 ergonomic baby positions – front inward(baby is facing you), on the back, on the hip and front outward(baby is not facing you).
- This baby carrier is suitable for babies and toddlers within the weight range of 5.5 kg and 20 kg . If your baby weighs between 3.2 kg and 5.5 kg you will need an insert which will have to be bought separately.
- This is carrier comes with a breathable 3D mesh material which provides optimal temperature for your baby. I would suggest that if your baby is always warm or is wrapped up use a baby carrier with the mesh material as you do not want your baby to get heated up inside the carrier. As you parents are aware that if the baby gets heated too much, it could be fatal for the baby.
- This waist belt has lumbar support due to which the carrier can be worn lower or higher on the back as per your comfort. The waist belt provides support to your lower back. The waist belt is wide enough to give comfort to mothers who have given birth by c-section. The shoulder straps are padded for comfort.
- Adjustable waist and shoulder belts. The extended back panel can be adjusted too as per the weight of the baby and it also provides support to the head and the neck of the baby.
- Quick and easy carry position changes.
- Suitable for both mums and dads.
- 100% polyester, machine washable.
- Available in interesting colours.
- Good quality product. The baby carrier has an “everything thought of” design.
- You can use this when the baby doesn’t want to be put down.
- Handy when you need to go shopping. It is not possible to single handedly push the trolley and the stroller together!
- It is useful if you have got an older child.
- Keeps baby snug and protected .
- Comfortable for both the baby and the parent. The baby carrier is designed in a way that it spreads the weight of the baby everywhere.
- Mesh material keeps the baby cooler.
- Good for breastfeeding mothers.
- In case, you have a dog then there chances of the leash getting tangled with the stroller. So a baby carrier would be a better choice than a stroller.
- Easily adjustable to your growing baby.
- Handy on flights as you have to check in your stroller at the check in counter or at the boarding gate.
- The velcro on the product doesn’t make a lot of noise – useful if your baby is asleep.
- Baby might get clingy or “get too used to” to the carrier and might not sit on the stroller at all.
- Some might find it hard to all the fastenings themselves or they might not be able to figure out how to fasten all the belts.
- Baby might get over heated if you are not careful.
- You need to make sure you have fastened the baby correctly otherwise there are chances that the baby will fall.
Overall a good, well thought of product. The best feature of the product is that you don’t need to hold the baby while you are doing all the chores. The worst effect of this product is that the baby will want to be strapped to you all the time! So if you decide to buy this product, make sure you don’t strap the baby to yourself all the time. Otherwise, a great product as long as you have strapped and fastened belts correctly as per instructions!