I would like to share a baby food maker review with you – review of Phillip Avent 2 in 1 Healthy Baby food Maker. Weaning is very crucial and important not only for parents but also for the child. Each child is different, so even if you have had a child before you would not know how your baby is going to react to eating solids.
If weaning is done properly, then it will give the child good heating habits for the rest of his or her life.
Rather than worrying about how good or bad a baby food maker is, you would be thinking more about how to start the weaning process. Hopefully my review will help you.
Before I give you the review of Phillip Avent 2 in 1 healthy baby food maker , I would like to share some weaning tips with you.
Some Weaning tips
- Place some finger foods on the tray of the high chair with every meal to encourage self feeding. Examples of finger foods : rice cakes, whole banana or even pieces of chapati (Indian bread).
- Eat your meals with your baby. If you eat your meals with them they will “copy” you . This will encourage them to self feed!
- If appropriate offer them what you are eating(for example chapati).
- If you offer them rice don’t drain the starch . Babies need the starch.
- If your child is tired and refuses to feed themselves do not insist on self feeding. You can feed them. One meal won’t make a difference.
- Follow all the above consistently and regularly.
Remember I am not a medical expert, this is just my opinion.
Never leave your child alone with the food especially finger food.
Product name: Phillip Avent 2- in -1 Healthy Food Maker(SCF 870)
My rating: 4.5/5
Dimensions: 6.5(H) x 12.1(B) inch
Box contains: 1 steamer/blender , 1 x spatula,1 x measuring cup, 1 x recipe booklet
- All in 1 solution to making baby food at all stages of weaning.
- Helps you make nutritious meals, you can steam and blend fruit, vegetables,meat ,fish or pulses.
- Easy to use wash and store.
Unique Steam Technology
Steaming fruits and vegetables is a healthier option then boiling them. This baby food maker steams the food which makes the food healthier for your baby.
Steaming and blending in one jar
The baby food maker has the steam flip and blend feature. Steam the vegetables in the jar then lift the jar and then flip it over, lock it in its place and the blend it to the consistency you require.Timers are for 5,10,15 and 20 minutes.
You can decide the consistency
Once you steam the vegetables , you can decide whether you want the ingredients finely blended or chunkier textures depending on the stage of weaning you are at.
Easy to use and clean
The baby food maker has been designed in such a way that it is easy and practical to use it. It is very easy to fill water in the water tank and comprises only of a few parts making it easy to clean.
App for Weaning
The manufacturer has provided a downloadable app which helps with weaning, provides recipes as well as tips and tricks to smoothen the process of weaning.
The Phillips Avent 2- in – 1 Healthy Baby Food maker has a compact design which means it doesn’t take up much space on kitchen worktops or when it is stored away.
12 Recipes included
The baby food maker comes with 12 delicious recipes which have been put together by a pediatric nutritionist and a child psychologist .
Have a read of all the pros and cons of this baby food maker, which will give you a better understanding of this product.
- Powerful blending and steaming performance.
- You can do any consistency you like – finely blended, paste, lumpy..It is very important to give babies lumpy foods to strengthen their jaws.
- Phillips Avent is a known brand and provides quality baby products. This product is value for money.
- Easy to use. You just need to chop the vegetables and then let it steam and blend the ingredients!
- Easy to clean and is dishwasher safe. I would rinse it off straight after use to prevent staining and then put it in the dishwasher.
- This product helps you to prepare nutritious and healthy for your baby very quickly and easily.Therefore, you can avoid baby food jars!
- No messy transferring of the ingredients- everything happens in one jar.
- The only tool required for weaning!
- It is a very good size and can be taken for holidays too!
- Even after you have finished weaning you child, you can continue using it as a blender due to its razor sharp blades!
- Water tank has to be cleaned and descaled just like a kettle.
- You cannot cook rice and pasta is this baby food maker.
- You cannot defrost and reheat food in this model .
- The lid is a bit tricky to open. Twist the lid to side and then slide it open.
- Lid is white and therefore will stain.
The Phillip Avent 2-in-1 Healthy Food maker is a must for all parents about to start weaning their little ones. It is a healthy option as it steams the vegetables rather than boiling them. It is also very convenient and practical as it steams and blends in one jar. You don’t have to use every pot in the kitchen to make baby food. One jar is all you have got to clean.
However, make sure you wash the product as soon as you have made the food. This will reduce the chances of staining as the lid is white.
I do not approve of baby food jars at all. In fact I do not approve of any ready meals for babies or children. So I would definitely recommend a product like this which would provide a child with fresh,healthy warm food without much inconvenience.
Have you used this product? What is your opinion on it? Are there any experiences you would like to share? Share via comment box below.
Good luck weaning!