Baby Bjorn has got a good range of baby bouncers. I would like to tell you first why you would need a Baby Bjorn baby bouncer. Holding the baby all the time is not advisable as it tires the baby. Also, a parent has to shower, cook and do all other chores which can be difficult to do with a baby. One good option is getting a bouncer for the baby. Both my kids (as babies)used to play on a traditional bouncer, whilst I was cooking and gradually fall asleep on the bouncer .
Remember, you also need to give floor time to your baby too . Floor time is necessary for the development of the baby. If you have got a wooden floor make sure the gym mat or whatever you lay your baby on, is thick enough so that the baby is comfortable and the hard wooden floor doesn’t hurt him/her .
If you are still debating whether you need a bouncer or not, then you need to think where you will keep the baby (when he/she is awake) and you need to do cooking or other household chores or go for a shower. This going to happen very often even though it is a parent’s best intention to finish all chores while the baby is asleep!
If you have decided that you do need a bouncer, go ahead and read my review of Baby Bjorn’s Bouncer Bliss to help you make an informed decision.
Review of Baby Bjorn’s Bouncer Bliss
Product name: Baby Bjorn Bouncer Bliss, Anthracite,Mesh
Age: Newborn to up to 2 years
Weight of the baby : Minimum weight 3.5 kg, Maximum weight 13 kg
- Ergonomic design which means it gives good support to the baby’s head, neck and back. This is very important for the baby’s development. The fitted fabric seat distributes the baby’s weight evenly.
- Bouncer comes with natural rocking, no batteries required. The bouncer is rocked either by the parent or by baby’s natural movements.
- Bouncer can be used for a long time, from 0 to 2 years of age. Bear in mind minimum weight of the baby should be 3.5 kg and maximum weight should be 13 kg.
- Seat is made of child friendly material and has been approved by Oeko-Tex Standard 100 as being free from harmful substances.
- Fabric is easy to remove and clean. It is machine washable at 40 deg Celsius.
- Bouncer can be used in 3 different positions of rest and play.
- It is portable and can be folded flat. It occupies very little space when it is folded.
- Available in mesh or cotton fabric and different colours like anthracite, black, navy blue and greige.
- Non slip base, also bouncing doesn’t make any noise.
- You can watch your child play and rest while you take shower or do your household chores. This would be the main reason you would need a bouncer as you cannot hold your baby all the time.
- Once your child has learnt to sit unaided, you can turn the fabric around and convert the bouncer into a children’s chair!
- Despite the high price, it is value for money
- Easy to clean fabric. Mesh design is easier to clean than cotton especially if there are any milk spills. Mesh design also keeps the baby cool in the summers.
- You can adjust the bouncer at 3 different angles depending on if you are using it as a sitting or a sleeping device.
- It is strong,light and portable and can be easily carried to a friend or a relative’s house.
- Very stylish but simple, award-winning design- different from the traditional design.
- The rocking will also help to calm the baby or him or her to sleep. You can rock the bouncer with your foot too.
- Neutral colour – so it can be used again if you plan to have more children.
- Price is high. Expensive if you don’t intend to use it much. It will be worth it if you buy for your first child and then re use it if you have more children .
- The mesh design is a little rougher than the cotton design .
- Colour can be boring if you are looking for a colourful Fisher Price kind of bouncer.
Other add ons
Product name: Baby Bjorn Transport bag for Bouncer Bliss
- Practical lightweight bag to carry your Baby Bjorn Bouncer Bliss.
- Travel bag made of 100% polyester.
- Machine washable at 40 deg Celsius.
- Easy to carry bouncer in the bag.
- Protects bouncer from getting dirty when you transport your bouncer from one place to another.
- Bag is expensive too – it is a big expense if you were to buy both the bouncer and the bag.
- You shouldn’t put anything else in the bag except the bouncer otherwise you might damage the bouncer or the bag.
Product name: Baby Bjorn Toys for Bouncers – Flying Friends
Product name: Baby Bjorn Toys for Bouncers – Googly Eyes
Other features/Pros of the bouncer toys
- Encourages baby to play and explore.
- Keeps them occupied while you do your chores.
- Safety tested, high quality product from Baby Bjorn.
- Attaches firmly to bouncer so it can only be removed by an adult
- Safe for child to chew or suck on.
- Very expensive for what it is.
- Child might get bored with playing with the same toy.
There is no doubt about the great quality of Baby Bjorn products. A bouncer and bouncer toys are must haves if you are having a baby. So if the price is not an issue then go for the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Bliss with the transport bag and the toys! Overall a great product.
Always place the bouncer on the floor ! Keep your baby safe!
If you already have a Baby Bjorn bouncer, please share your experiences and opinion in the comment box below.